Wednesday 13 November 2013

Back after a two year hiatus.

So,
It's been a while, yes.
I've read through the posts that went before and I can't believe it's been so long since I lost my derby love.

This year I've been working on finding my mojo again, rejoining Belfast Roller Derby is one of those big steps to getting back to more smiles.

Here I am, three weeks in to fresh meat and both loving and hating it.

I love feeling like I'm relearning something that made me so happy
I hate that I used to be so much stronger and excited about things, this is a real reminder of that.

What have we been doing for three weeks?
Well, there's been falls and plough stops and crossovers (!already!) and backwards skating and balance exercises and pyramid shopping trolley drills.
Phew!

My plough stops are dire, my derby stance is torturing my thighs and my sense of hopelessness is pretty overwhelming.

But I'll be back on Sunday to keep trying.

Meanwhile might fit a wee Saturday skate in if I get the chance.
And if it's dry might make it an outdoorsy one.  Yeahhhhh!


No comments:

Post a Comment