Saturday 13 August 2011

The day after the derby intake

Last night was Belfast Roller Derby's first big proper skater intake...fresh meat time ;)

It was an awesome night, 40 new skaters trying out being on wheels and they all did so well! I was so proud oh Hannahbolic Steroids and Guttersnipe who took them through basic skills and then nearly burst with happiness to see the ladies scrimmaging at the end to show how it's all done!

We also got our awesome new BRD tees for the big night!






It was a great end to a disappointing week for me.
On Thursday we had our 25 in 5 at the WigWam. I knew I wasn't going to make it, 22 laps. Tests always freak me out and I never do very well...but it was the wrong day for me to be trying. Very much negative brain times and I got stroppy with myself and wouldn't try it again. I know, I know, pathetic. Sometimes I really am my own worst enemy.

Still, feeling much better now so moving on...

Next week starts FOUR practices a week and I cannot wait...all skating all the time :D, I'll let y'all know how it goes!

Not much crafting this week sadly. The workshops in conjunction with R-space continue, it was stitching this week. So I was mostly working in perfecting my assorted stitches and knots, useful to practice anyway.

I did finish one project, this 'the derby after the night before' hangover/derby first aid kit for my lovely friend Trixie Toxin.
A tight knit on 3.5mm needles, this water bottle cover has a handy pocket in the front for stashing pain relief gel and ibuprofen, plus a super strong I-cord wrist strap to keep it at hand on endurance practice Sunday's ;)



Now I've started work on a fishnet jumper in soft graduated grey colour yarn, a present for our coach Gutter Snipe who continuously keeps my head above water and stops me über wallowing!



<3
Kitty

No comments:

Post a Comment