Thursday 14 July 2011

Skull dress and the rest

Sometimes knitting gets a bit too much, projects take too long, I walk away and come back to them...the skull jumper was one of those projects.

Started off a couple of weeks ago with a pattern for a fitted jumper. I increased the needle size to make it massively oversized and got to work...






Then got bored when Castiel kept trying to sleep on it mid-knit a I gave up for a bit






Went back to it only to have the intarsia skull design nearly drive me batty






So I wandered away from it an made myself a knitty squiddy ipod holder (pattern from anticraft)



Next day I still didn't go back to knitting...I went for baking instead....Mmmmmm macaroons!



and later on made a little summery fascinator, birdcage focal point, pocket watch fabric and vintage beads...






Finally today, after much procrastination, all I needed to add to the jumper was sleeves. Yeah, it was 22degrees today. I'll leave the sleeves off until the winter I think.

So, finally done, my punk tastic grungey skull dress...from a nifty pattern beginning in the DominKNITrix book (that's where the chart for the skull can be found) it's definitely got a made with mAlice twist now :D



<3
Kitty

No comments:

Post a Comment